Altenburg breaking strings

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:09:24 -0400

I've got a customer with an Altenburg OA-143 small studio about 10 years
old that recently broke both strings of the F-21 unison during playing.
This piano appears to be a Samick and I've noticed some other Samick
verts tend to pop bass strings. Does anybody have any experience that
would indicate that this could be an ongoing problem ala the older
Yamaha P2's? The customer is considering upgrading and the though of
having to replace individual strings periodically would weigh heavily in
their decision.

- Mark