Wapin/String Vibes and Stuart

Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:15:13 +0200

Thanks Mark.

Always a pleasure to hear your thoughts. So you dont think there is any
comparison between the Wapin concept and the general idea of bridge
agraffes
?... or were there just to many variables to be able to comment really
on the
comparison ?

I read your reply to Ron O with interest as well... you have doubts as
to the
longevity of Stuarts ?.. How old is the oldest one... I suppose I can
take a
look at his website or as Ms Stuart... but if you happen to know off
hand..  It
will be interesting to see how they hold up.

As far as him getting on with the rest of the techs... I know others
have a
different perspective... and not knowing him personally I have to
reserve a bit
here... but it does seem from my viewpoint that many folks in the
buisness from
his end have, for whatever reasons, become defensive to the point of
ofte times
seeming arrogant. Kind of easy to understand given the grilling they get
from
just about every corner they turn. I envy their strength to hold up
under it all
when it comes down to it... but yes... it would be nice if they were all
a bit
more inclusive. But me thinks thats a double sided coin if you get my
meaning.

Anyways... I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on the Wapin. Would
you
recommend, aside from cost issues, the modification to just about any
piano ?...

Cheers
RicB