String vibrations (was Re: Stuart)

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:46:31 -0400

At 11:08 AM -0500 9/20/03, Cy Shuster wrote:
>Is it possible that there's benefit in eliminating the transition from
>horizontal to vertical vibrations, without regard to which isolation
>approach you take?

Cy,

Are you thinking that vibrations in the speaking length are vertical?
They are during the prompt sound (initial impact), but once in the
aftersound (the main portion of what we hear) the vibration is 360º
around.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Lady, this piano is what it is, I am what I am, and you are what you are"
     ...........From a recurring nightmare.