no biz

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:58:59 -0400

My calls have really slowed up recently. They were slow over the entire =
summer, had a little spurt at the start of school, and the last couple =
weeks have been very, very slow. I'll refrain from making any political =
connections.

Tom, I'm in Tampa, Florida. What neck of the woods RU?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tvak@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 8:58 PM
  Subject: no biz

  List

  Things have been   S  L  O  W   lately for me.  I didn't get a single =
tuning call for a good three weeks.  Then this week I got a couple of =
calls, and today...

  This guy calls to ask me about his old Chickering upright with seven =
keys that "don't make any sound."  How much would it cost to fix?  I =
explained that it was impossible to say over the phone, that it could be =
any of a number of things causing the problem.  I mentioned a few =
possibilities, and in summing up, told him that it would probably take =
less than an hour to fix all seven. =20

  Then the wife comes on the phone to ask if I have any references. =
(...!)=20

  She wants references before she'll let me work on her 75 year old $200 =
upright. =20

  Well, like an idiot, I gave her one and she said she would call back.. =
 I hope she doesn't, because my gut tells me that these people would be =
more trouble than they're worth.  Unfortunately I'm too spineless and =
broke to turn down the work if she does call back. =20

  This is never a busy time for me, but, man...  Has business been slow =
for the rest of you?

  Tom