Chickering Stringing Pattern

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:52:59 -0400

To: Newtonville
Subject: Chickering Stringing Pattern

Hi all. I encountered something today that really caught me off guard -
Chickering 116 strung like I have never seen before - in the Tenor
Section
specifically:

The left and the right unison were the same string, and the middle
string
was tied. The Left and Right cross over the knot of the tied string at
the
hitch pin (did I say that right?)..I did.

Jonas did some stuff that was 'different' - this one has me scratching
my
head.

Why would the stringing pattern look like this? For what purpose?

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com

Phil,
	I posted a photo some months back of a Brambach upright with a
similar stringing pattern. I'll see if I can dig it up and resubmit.
	Tom Driscoll
	P.S. Go Sox!