Hello all and black mold on piano catches question

Juliaeux@aol.com Juliaeux@aol.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:19:53 EDT

Greetings all,

My name is Julia and I am a new (as of August '03) associate PTG member.
I attended the University of Western Ontario Piano Technology Program. If
anyone has any questions about such school, will be glad to offer some info. for
anyone persuing such venues.

As I consider myself a rookie, I know I will see strange things in the future
business of taking care of pianos. I believe I have come across something
today that seemed like black mold on the catches in a paino at a tuning job.

Do pianos ever get a case of mold? If so what can be done to get rid of it?

Julie