Halt Piano Work!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:14:51 -0700

"In my opinion, for a child starting
the piano, it is even more crucial that they begin on a well functioning
and decent sounding instrument."

I will SECOND that! From my own personal experience: My first trumpet was a
real "beater". The third valve had no cap on it and the valves were always
sticky. From that I went to a mediocre Cornet. One day, while playing some
duets with the First Trumpet Chair, (H.S.), I conned her into letting me
play her New Selmer Paris Trumpet. I went from a mediocre trumpeter to a
very good one, just by playing her horn!!! I've never forgotten that. From
that, I try to encourage all parents to get the best instrument they can
possibly get, even for beginning. They'll never regret it and it's always a
good financial investment to buy quality.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I