Stuart Pianos

Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:21:47 -0700

I didn't realize you hadn't seen one.  I was just inquiring because I've
heard some things about then and that they are "non-traditional" in their
design.  I don't know what that means, exactly.  So I was just curious.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Brekne
To: davidlovepianos@earthlink.net;Pianotech
Sent: 9/18/2003 12:48:36 PM
Subject: Re: Stuart Pianos

David Love wrote:
Richard:
Can you comment at all on belly design of these instruments (if you dare)?
:-)
David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

Holy Moly there David ... grin... I havent even seen one of these yet.
I've only heard them on CD's, and I think I've guarded my comments
appropriately in that regard....however....
I have a suspiscion... that if... and I mean if.... there is a weak point
to the sound of these instruments... it would be the area from F4 to F6
having slightly thin stretched,  hollowish sound.  Perhaps thats the
resulting tradeoff for all that sustain otherwise in these instruments...
would make sense .. yes ??
Funny you should mention belly design in this tho.. I had been wondering
about the effect of those aggraffed bridge terminnations and if/how they
compare mechanically to the Wapin system. You've been picking up a bunch on
soundboard design lately and seem to have a better begginners grasp of it
then I do... what about soundboards do you think could account for the
sound of these Stuarts ?
In anycase... they certainly dont have MY belly :)
Cheers
RicB
--
Richard Brekne