shipping pianos overseas

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:53:00 EDT

List

I have a client, owner of a 2 year old Steinway 45" upright, who will be
moving to England next month.   A friend of his who purchased an identical piano
and moved to England last year informed him that his piano "completely fell
apart" and had to be thrown away after the move.   The friend's piano was not
crated.   Understandably he is concerned about getting his piano to England
safely.

Does anyone have any experiences or advice to relate to my client in
preparing his piano for shipping?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Sivak