Ca pin block repair-broken tuning pin

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:19:17 -0400

Susan,
	Second question first: I usually do two passes with the thin CA
as long as it is "draining" past the bushing. If the stuff pools up in
my opinion it's not going to help. As to the approx amount I usually
apply about 2 oz.  Question 2: I swabbed the hole after the pass with
the drill bit because I scraped up the hole by driving the mangled pin
through. Courage? Not really. 234 pins did not seize up with CA so this
hole W/O  bronze bushing figured to react normally. Maybe the 3/0 pin
would have been fine without the CA.
	Tom Driscoll RPT

Subject: Re: Ca pin block repair-broken tuning pin

Tom, that's quite a story!

Courage, to break a tuning pin seized with CA glue, and
then to swab the cleaned out hole with more CA glue.

Can you tell me how much CA you used the first time around?
Did you soak the area?

I'll remember not to use CA where those bronze bushings have
been used. Luckily I hardly ever find them.

Susan