Band Saw Blade Teeth Material

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:08:25 -0600

At 09:02 AM 9/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Take a look at the Delta 14" machine. I've been using the same saw for
>close to 30 years now and it has yet to miss a beat.
>Del

Dave,
   Similar experience here, with the Delta I got just over 25 years ago.
Was one of the first ones from Woodworkers Supply, when they were in a big
garage in Albuquerque. Heck of a deal. High performance guides are real
nice, and not too expensive. Put a 1/2" carbide blade on it that cuts most
wood quite well. 3/4" - 1" is okay for resawing maple for laminates. Keep
it cool. The saw has survived way too many hired hands and... well.... you
know. Non-owners don't treat the tools the way we'd like, most of the time.
But... it's working well now. My recommendation for a good general band
saw. Little 9" hunert dolla Harbor-freight-ish benchtop with a skinny blade
is just right for action part parting and doesn't dim the lights as much
when I kick it on and off for a quickie.

Have fun,

Guy

800-645-9292 is the ph# for Woodworkers Supply.