Tormek the terminator

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:12:57 -0700

One of the reasons that a system like the Tormek machine works so well
is that the blade being sharpened is held at a constant angle to the
stone. If you are hand sharpening, then you can use a honing guide to
maintain that angle, at least for chisels and pocket knives.

Sharpening by hand, no matter how practiced we may be, is always a less
successful method.

Tom Cole