Tormek the terminator

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:10:52 -0700

Hi Dale,

Being an edge tool lover (especially hand-made knives, Japanese chisels
and the like), I bought a Tormek a few years back and have never
regretted it. Just like the whetstones of yore, you'll never ruin the
temper of an expensive tool with a stone running at a slow speed in a
water bath.

Once you get your basic grind with the Tormek, you can grind a secondary
bevel with a fine stone - just a few licks at a slightly steeper angle,
to grind off the burrs and put a razor edge on it. I usually finish up
with a burnisher. You know you're finished if you can run the blade
(lightly!) along the end of your finger nail and not feel any nicks or
roughness.

Correction on the URL:  http://sharptoolsusa.com/  (and some of the
woodworking catalogs carry them also).

Tom Cole