Money's no object

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:53:00 +0200

I'll be interested in your review after a closer look of the action.
Curious to know whether theyve changed in the past few years. The newest
one I have seen is 4 years old now as the fellow who used to sell them
stopped.

Look for heavy assist springs up to the first few notes in the treble...
around note 65.  These actions feel light to the touch on soft play, but
you notice you are working when you start pushing it.

Interesting combination really...  lots of hammer mass, little key mass,
high action ratio yeilding high hammer to key velocity ratio. The only
way to get this is with assist springs set pretty strong. Might be
interesting to set up such an action with hammer and key mass on smooth
curves ala Stanwood.... not his favorite solution mind you... he likes
useing a low ratio here... less reliance on springs for weight help, but
at a cost of hammer to key velocity.

Anyways... I'd like to hear what you see after a closer look see. I
aggree about the sound to be sure... big clear  sound with good
projection.

Cheers
RicB

--