now what?, (hammer choices)

David Severance severanc@mail.wsu.edu
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:15:08 -0700

At 08:08 PM 9/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/8/2003 9:54:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>severanc@mail.wsu.edu writes:
>
>>Subj: Re: now what?, (hammer choices)
>>Date: 9/8/2003 9:54:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>>From: <mailto:severanc@mail.wsu.edu>severanc@mail.wsu.edu
>>To: <mailto:pianotech@ptg.org>pianotech@ptg.org
>>Sent from the Internet
>>

>>Wally Brooks'  Encore AEP/C  (made by Abel).  Just hung a set on a C3 and
>>they sound great!  They are the right size to.  11mm   2 15/16 treble.  In
>>fact I liked them so much I ordered 2 more sets for practice Yamaha ractice
>>pianos.
>>
>>Dave Severance
>

>         Dave
>       How much voicing was required and was the touch weight similar to
> the orig.Man. part? I'm curious as to wether you you prepped and hung
> them yourself or if they were pre-hung. Cost?
>     Dale

Dale

         They are 282 dollars.  They are similar in weight to the Yamaha
which has a low action ratio and really needs a beefy hammer.  Yamaha
hammers are wider than most replacements available with the exception of
this set which is 11 mm.  They respond to traditional voicing techniques
and are a little bright out of the box.  Yes, I hung them myself.

Dave