Money's no object

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:00:48 +0200

Be advised :

Big boomy sound, especially in the bass. Very heavy action which employs
very strong whippen assist springs to counterbalance heavy hammers. Low
on key leads, often significant of backweight. Weigh off appears to be
done with whippen assist springs attached and at full strength. They
also use graphite and some kind of clear lubricant in action centers
with varied results. Interestingly enough, I hear comments about these
actions having  << the right kind of heaviness >> from several pianists.

Tend to need replacement tuning pins for the lowest notes after a few
years...not sure why.

All in all, a pretty decent instrument IMB. If you like heavy play....
you will probably like these well enough.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.