Crowned Ribs on M&H?

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:16:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/2003 3:09:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> Subj: Crowned Ribs on M&H?
>  Date: 9/9/2003 3:09:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>
>          Hi John
          I was at Mason & Hamlin 3 years ago and recieved a tour from Kirk
Burgett. I won't swear to it but I believe he spoke about the ribs having
several different radii. I saw the same racks but didn't stop to look specifically
at the ribs or the crown alleged. I haven't torn down any Mason yet with
crowned ribs either but then again it seems I'm the only one who has seen a half
dozen reverse crown executions in various makes. Odd thing are out so there
maybe Del stumbled on the only two crowned rib experiments these companys ever
produced.
    Dale