Project Piano?1883B

aMeRy cHaY aquatred_chay@yahoo.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:46:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Ed and list,

I would gladly ask if the B could be shipped to Singapore.......because of the lack of facilities, is it possible for a partial rebuild to be done (just the soundboard and bridges/pinblock).. b4 shipping?
We can do the rest here (a Steinway factory tech friend of mine just came back to Singapore after working with a rebuilding company in New York for 3 years) Of course we would definitely pay higher for the piano then :) Shipping for such a thing would usually be  US$2500-$3000, calculated after that last model O we shipped in for US$2000 from Toronto.

It would give us a good chance to work on one of these again (The last time was a 1902 C) What do you guys think?

Amery
Singapore

Greetings,
Just looked at a hulk of a piano. Steinway B, 1883 or 1884, 85 note,
ebonized, scrollwork music rack, big round legs,(not sure if they were "ice
cream cone" or not). The piano needs everything. Owner elderly, and I am
presently totally out room and time for this big of a project at the moment.
I have suggested they try E-bay with a $7,500 minimum, but told them I
would cast the info out on our waters here and see if anybody is interested
enough to make a bid before they do. Email me privately or let's start a thrash
on the forum here, either way is fine with me.
(If this had been two years ago, I had a customer that was looking for one
exacty like this to restore...)
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/