Money's no object

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:23:38 -0600

Greg,
    The Seilers that I played on at the last winter NAMM were just....=20
sweet. Long back scale, great sustain, transparent actions,=20
mellow-but-able-to-crash..... and on and on and on...

Then there's always a Baldwin SF-10, with, uh.... different hammers. Web=20
and Ruth still has some old Baldwin hammers.... or perhaps premium Abels=20
(well needled).

Wouldn't we all just love to have your client. "Money's no object".... whew!

Guy

At 04:30 PM 9/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings list goers,
>         I am in a position of trying to gather information for a church=20
> who has a sky high budget to find a piano their music director likes. I=20
> believe they are interested in a 7 footer. He, the director, has tried=20
> and likes the Grotrian and the Pleyel. He has tried more than a few S&S=20
> B's and was "under whelmed (his words)" by them. He disliked the=20
> "accelerated action" specifically. He has seen the Petrof and was=20
> somewhat interested but not for the main instrument so he may be looking=
=20
> at a 7' and possibly a 6' instrument as well. He rather dislikes the=20
> bright, harsh sound and favors a full bodied tone quality. A man after my=
=20
> own heart! In the case of a rather large budget with these tastes in=20
> mind, where would you steer this individual? I even suggested a hand=20
> built piano like one from Ron Overs or Stephen P. (I forget his last=20
> name) but it seems that he is trying to have something in place by=20
> January as the donators of the money are getting antsy. Suggestions=
 PLEASE!