Public Intercourse WAS: Steinway M

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 19:50:28 +0200

Grin....

Bill Ballard wrote:

> I agree. When a campfire cook-out turns into a food-fight, the last
> thing I want to show up with as my pot-luck contribution is a 5-gal
> can of gasoline.

Can I offer you a bottle of diesel perhaps then ???

> >IMHO, it would benefit all if we stick to technical issues, rather
> >than finger pointing.

Nah... I mean if there was any potential constructive end to that course
I would agree... but it just makes matters worse. Not all humans can bash
it out and then pull themselves out of the bloodstained mud and be
friends over a beer at the nearest bar. Some people actually take these
things deadly serious.

Nope... I like Robins basic approach... He expresses his opinion about
some of the negative tendancies and their effects, and I agree with him a
long way down that road... as I've said many times before. Indeed....
Terrys own quick paragraph sums up much of that really well.

If we simply stuck to the technical stuff... purely... then there would
be no way of defending standpoints beyond what ones own technical
insights allow for... and that would result in precious little
infighting. The very fact that so many variations on the general theme of
"piano building" are so visably aparent to one and all displays the real
truth of the matter... namely that there is not all that much that is
just plain right or just plain wrong. Its most often a matter of
tradeoffs, and subjective tastes.

And I am indeed sorry... but all the engineering wizardry in the world
will never change that. But for all parts... wiz away... its great fun
and we are far better off wizzing then ....well then a lot of other
things we could be doing. :)

Cheers, and Good Vibes

RicB

--