Getting personal

Hank Martin oldmanat39@yahoo.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 06:15:06 -0700 (PDT)

I applaud the idea, if not the execution, of "not getting personal" in posts that contain disagreement.  A note from a frequent poster from Norway stated "And I appreciate the care you take in avoiding personalizing the discussion."

He was refering to a post from the composer of long sentences.  This latter post avoided "getting personal" by refering to another thusly; "Furthermore, I must confess that I have tuned and played several of the Walter c. 6 foot grands and seen one of the small Baldwins designed by one of these contributors".

I'm confident that there are probably at least 5% of the readership of this list who don't know to whom he was referring.

But I'm glad it didn't get personal!

Marty