Yamaha Hammers

Mon, 8 Sep 2003 07:06:39 -0700

By the time you remove the old hammers, bore, taper, tail, glue up, trim,
etc., it's really a very good price even if you could have done without new
shanks.  Assuming, that is, that the new hammers all line up properly with
the right strike point distance.   My tendency is to go that route with
Yamaha, unless the customer really wants a different sound, because I can
replace the hammers for so much less than I would be able to with a custom
set

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

You