Steinway M

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 12:18:54 -0400

--=====================_19846125==.ALT
Ron,
         Would you mind expounding a bit, for those of us who haven't had=20
time to do the research, why a scale break is bad at that point in the=20
scale? Does it matter whether your changing from wound to plain or keeping=
=20
wound strings across the break? Does it matter if your using a transition=20
bridge for the lower tenor? or is it just a bad place to have a break no=20
matter what? Also what part does plate design or configuration play? Does=20
it have more to do with soundboard and ribs? Sorry, too many questions.

Greg