What type of Tool Case do you use??

Sun, 7 Sep 2003 08:55:44 -0700

Mine is the 216-101 which has two pallets on one side and a built in tool
holder on the other.  The bag is designed to stand upright and has a large
compartment in the middle which I use for the Verituner, miscellaneous
felt, a small box of punchings, an Acrilikey kit, some sheets of sandpaper
in a small slip pouch, a variety of liquids on small applicator bottles,
and a spare few parts that I seems to need from time to time.  Everything
is held in these plastic boxes that disposable wipes come in (very handy
boxes left over from when my kids were younger).  The outer pallets hold a
variety of tools.  I, too, keep editing down the kit as it tends to get
heavy.  I do carry a set of fold up wheels in the car for times when I
can't park right in front of the customer's house.  I keep a separate
stringing kit in the car with a whole range of wire and various stringing
tools.   One other thing I keep in the kit is a few sample hammers glued
onto shanks for slipping quickly into the piano to demonstrate to customers
how awful their worn out hammers sound.  Live demonstrations can be quite
effective.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net