What type of tool case

Carol Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:37:11 -0400

In 25 years I have used EVERYTHING!  I now use a $19 laptop black cordura
bag from Staples or Target.  I carry 2 different tuning hammers, one for
uprights and one for grands, mutes, and my Ipaq with pocket cybertuner in a
Pelican micro case. In this laptop bag I also carry a little leather pencil
case with some regulating tools.  In the inside pouch which would normally
hold a laptop, I carry in a ziplock bag the sandpaper and files.  Also
Disklavier update disks in a pouch and business cards and a pen.  In the
outside pocket I can can carry my glue, protech , teflon poweder upright in
a ziplock baggie.  The other outside pocket is for a wire cutter, a straw
and a Swiss army knife with some doodads.

My point is that is looks professional, is lightweight to carry (has a
shoulder strap for city hiking if necessary) and is cheap to replace when
the superglue leaks all over it.  Obviously, all repair work costs extra
because I either have to go back out to my car to get the repair tool bag,
or I have scheduled another appointment to properly clean or regulate, or
repair or whatever that wasn't part of the normal, regular service.

I love those Genck cases, but they are way too heavy to carry when fully
loaded.  My last one was in the trunk of my car when it got rear-ended and
ended up wedged behind the front seat.  I only needed to replace the buckle.
Did you know that Bruce Genck is going to stop making his cases?

Carol Beigel