Plate flex

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 16:28:47 -0700

I helped out the local church and took two junker uprights to dispose =
of. On one of them the pinblock had pulled away from the back and the =
portion of the plate in front of the pin block had bent to a 10 degree =
angle without breaking. That is about 2 inches of separation at the top. =
I thought for sure the plate would go when I pushed it over on it's back =
but I guess I would have had to bring it up to pitch first.

Now that I destrung the thing, the plate straightened back up. Amazing.

Keith Roberts