Voicing Help/String Manufacturers from Australia - Are there anyavailable?

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:51:17 +1000

Amery,

You will find the strings made by Parkes are very good. Lou Parke is 2nd =
generation string maker ( he was taught by his father). I have been =
using his strings for over 30 years and have had no trouble.

Kerry Cooper
Brisbane
Australia=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: aMeRy cHaY=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 9:03 AM
  Subject: Voicing Help/String Manufacturers from Australia - Are there =
anyavailable?

  Good day again list,

  In a bid to restore my 1975 Yamaha C7, I am getting bass strings from =
an Australian bass string manufacturer in Sydney called Parke Piano =
Strings (nearer to Singapore), website www.parkepianostrings.com.au ... =
their customer service has been nothing short of excellence despite my =
repeated emails .

  However, I DO need to know from list members residing down under if =
they have used his product and how they size up to the likes of GC =
Arledge and Isaac.=20

  What kind of tonal characteristics can I expect from them?=20

  I would also gladly order from Hellerbass but I am unsure of how they =
sound like. I know the quality is excellent, but I do like my bass =
strings strong and growling...can hellerbass provide this kind of sound?

  In a seperate question, any tips on how to prevoice the type Yamaha =
abels to get them to open up, and yet not take away their brilliance? =
(keywords for past posts?)

  Thank you once again for your wise answers :)

  Amery,
  Singapore