now what?, (hammer choices)

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:20:49 EDT

Greetings,
  So, my C-3 customer that is getting new hammers sez he certainly doesn't
want them to sound like new STeinway hammers, which to him are too soft and
round sounding,  and he doesn't want the glassy sound that comes from the studio
C-7's with use and lacquer all over them them.   His knuckles and shank pinning
are too good to throw away, so the stock Yamaha hammers are not the ticket.
   I am trying to make a decision between Piano-tek's Imadagawa,(which I have
used quite a bit of in the past), and their Abel "Standard" series.  He
records this piano in his business, and he wants it to be brilliant without being
harsh from the get-go.  I know I can needle the Imadagawa's  to virtually
anywhere I need them, but am intrigued by the Abel.  The only sets I have heard
that I liked had been played a lot.  Do they start out needing a fair amount of
use to develop?
   Anybody wanna make a suggestion between these two?
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">