While learning/Joey

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:16:39 -0700

Joey,
Mark said: "And to be fair to your customers while you are honing your
skills to a razors edge of technical perfection, price the work according to
how long it would have taken you to do if you already knew how to do it."
Let's do it the right way: Get a copy of the "G" Piano Works Repair Labor
Guide. It will give you a good base for pricing, that is fair to the client.
It will also give you an incentive to get your repair times up to snuff.<G>
Also, I strongly advise you to read Reblitz and possibly get the Randy
Potter Course. I personally took a course, (name omitted purposely), similar
to the course you took. Wholey inadequate! Membership in PTG will possibly
get you a "Mentor" as well. A mentor is tatamount!
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I