Screw stringer adventure

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:14:50 -0500

Tom:

I too have an 1887 Screw Stringer that I have had in my home for 30
years.  I did replace hammers at one time and it is amazing how well
it stays in tune for years at a time.  It also did not have the
tuning tool so I got the Schaff one which doesn't work very well.
For one thing the socket is too thick to get between some of the
tuning screws.  I'd love to see what you have done to make a better
tool.

dave