New Sohmer pianos(made by Samick)

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 06:33:29 -0700

Roger, what's this I hear about the new Kohler and Campbells switching =
their production sites from Korea to Indonesia?
    Sigh,  just when things were starting to improve.
Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Roger Jolly=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 10:25 PM
  Subject: Re: New Sohmer pianos(made by Samick)

  Hi Dave,
                I don't think they are the old Sohmer scales, but I will =
do some checking.=20
     You are not nut's, we have made some large steps forward in the =
last year, and just a few small steps backwards thankfully.  But we are =
moving forward, with better things yet to come.

  A lot of my input thus far has been about getting back to some basics, =
and executing it well.  The factory culture is a changing.
  We are using mainly Renner and Abel hammers in our Grands and it is =
sure paying off in the area of tone quality and the ease of voicing.   =
The graphite has gone from Samick action centres, that I can take some =
credit for.  However Renner hammer shanks and wips will still have a =
light coat of graphite.

  Thank's for the compliment. It's nice to get feed back, positive or =
negative.

  Regards Roger