New Sohmer pianos(made by Samick)

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 23:25:51 -0600

Hi Dave,
               I don't think they are the old Sohmer scales, but I will do
some checking.
    You are not nut's, we have made some large steps forward in the last
year, and just a few small steps backwards thankfully.  But we are moving
forward, with better things yet to come.

A lot of my input thus far has been about getting back to some basics, and
executing it well.  The factory culture is a changing.
We are using mainly Renner and Abel hammers in our Grands and it is sure
paying off in the area of tone quality and the ease of voicing.   The
graphite has gone from Samick action centres, that I can take some credit
for.  However Renner hammer shanks and wips will still have a light coat of
graphite.

Thank's for the compliment. It's nice to get feed back, positive or negative.

Regards Roger