Wurlitzer hammer heads

peter-burns.pianotuner@tesco.net peter-burns.pianotuner@tesco.net
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:33:53 +0000

Greetings Techs,
I've run into a problem with my latest Wurlitzer E.P 200
refurbishment.
I've got it built back up and running, aligned the hammers
as usual, but there are "weak spots" in the overall sound which on closer inspection, seems to be caused by poor hammer felt condition ( at the extreme treble end, not much
felt left at all!)
How will the hammer felt on these mickey mouse toys react if I use acetone to harden? Is the felt sturdy enough to
support this process which, as you know, is a treatment usually reserved for the "harder felt" on acoustic actions.
All post will be gratefully received.
Peter