Fiction of the rim

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 00:25:13 -0400

At 12:10 AM -0400 9/2/03, Tom Driscoll wrote:
>You guys have been very amusing with your "function of the rim"
>comments, but I've been working on a 1887 screw stringer with much
>consternation, and the function of the rim as I see it is to hold the
>salt for my margarita. I rarely "need" a drink but tonight is the night!

Considering the ruddy flush it must give your cheeks, I'd say:

A.) Cosmetic, but not having anything in particular to do with wood
deterioration.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"If you jabber like a jabberwocky and if you walk like a jabberwocky,
You must be a jabberwocky"
     ........... two punchy guys