tubby bass string replacement tip

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:12:00 EST

In a message dated 10/26/03 5:54:53 AM, cedel@supernet.com writes:

> Tom, are you aware that there are universal strings available larger than

Yes, I do.   Still, my suggestion in the post was that perhaps at times, with
the right instrument, replacing a broken string with an undersized string
might be an appropriate choice.   No one really responded to that, specifically.

Yes, tying the old one back in would probably be the best choice of all.

There are plenty of old uprights that have dead bass strings, with students
as their primary players, and households that have no money for a better piano
or new bass strings, who have thrown the old string away, that might benefit
from this technique.

At least, that's what I wanted to suggest.   I accept any and all flames
directed at this concept.

Tom Sivak