Steingraeber by candle light

antares@euronet.nl antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:06:42 +0200

On woensdag, okt 22, 2003, at 22:00 Europe/Amsterdam, Richard Brekne
wrote:

> Ah... my good freind from the City with the enclave embassy :)

If you don't explain nobody will understand Ric....
But then I will help....
Richard means that the American embassy in Amsterdam is totally
surrounded by containers and gates and more gates, and then even more
gates. Are we having fun or what?

> I understand your preference for Steinways, and tho it was not my
> meaning to compare the Steingręber with the Steinway quality wise in
> the
> sense you mean, I might have done so... but tastes vary to be sure.
> However... my comparison to Steinway was meant to say that the general
> sound picture of the Steingręber was in the vein of Steinway, not so
> much better or worse then Steinways.

You are right Ric, "in the vein of Steinway".
The bass though is very different, as you said yourself, and the high
treble is more and very clear.
I think I like Steingraeber in a specific way but the sound also
reminds me of the latest Schimmel grand.
At the last Franfurter Messe I was very impressed with their latest
small grand model. It was strong, it was velvety, it was..........
superb.
And the price....was very very right.

> I remember well sitting after dinner hearing that very clever young
> Finnish pianist play and hearing yours and others remarks. We can agree
> that the treble sustain and clarity was of very high caliber can we not
> ?

Definitely Ric, no doubt about that.
I think that I personally am most impressed with their concert grands.
I have seen two during the last two Frankfurter Messes and they were
very impressive and had a real personality.
It sounded like 'gold of old'.

> btw.. I continue actually, to get nice comments about your lecture.

Thanks bud, that's nice to hear. I'll do it again any time.

I also heard very nice comments about your lecture (about the magnets)
and I hope they understood the true meaning of it.

> You have a talent for the stage there Andre' :)

You know Ric, almost all my friends have told me that I should have
been a clown, instead I chose to be a tech, maybe that's my problem in

(: >))

André Oorebeek