"Open Punchings", wasLeveling Sticks......

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:35:27 +0200

Joe,

If they have only one cut made, and not radially, but more tangent,
they are more hardly sucked or blasted (while yes they are possibly).

I ll use that method if no more than 2 yellow Yamaha paper punchings
are to be installed - mean the key are no more than 0.6 mm low.

And if too much may be done, I'll do it roughly with the weights, but
I make samples with the action in place before, and I dont expect to
be perfect with that method (lead weights)

I understand lazyness as being a quality when it comes to piano work
(up to some point !)as it mean you can provide the service the
instrument need more often and with less complications !

So yesterday, (C3 Yamaha) I made that keyboard leveling, tighten all
action screws, regulate dip, file hammers, and mate to strings (not
much)  regulate springs letoff/drop (aligning parts was yet rougly
done 15 days ago before PR).

Tune and even the tone, took me 5 hrs 1/2 ,and I probably don't
consider myself too lazy afterthat ! all in all took one day's work to
have this instrument playeable again, for a customer that would
certainly not have accepeted the full refurbishing service based on 2
day's work, because he did not even see the need for any regulation
before he try the piano.

No need to wear that flame suit, nowadays, I remember yours is so full
of holes I doubt it is yet working <g>

Have a nice day, I'll work on celesta's today, I like that tone !

Greetings
Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech