Fw: "The Invisible Tool"/beat rates - and where they come from

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:22:53 +0100

Hello Isaac
(while being near) you said. In this I am very happy. At least the =
concept even if not completely accurate, gives a working knowledge of =
the system. :-)
You'll notice I extracted a bit from your message and stuck it on my =
reply - I'm finding out how these new fangled computer thingys work.
Kindest regards
Michael G (UK across the Chanel)  <-  ;-)
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Isaac sur Noos=20
To: Pianotech=20
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 10:02 PM
Subject: RE: "The Invisible Tool"/beat rates - and where they come from

Michael,

out of any computation, the most universal admitted ratio that works in =
the piano is the 4/5 ratio for 2 contigous major thirds.

All these beat rates computed, does not have to do much with the beat =
rates in the piano=20
On some pianos the FA major 3d is as fast as 7.3 and on others it can't =
be even 6.8 bps.

Regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et r=E9paration de pianos.