Acrylikey

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:40:20 -0500

Paul,

I have used it quite extensively.    It's not an invisible repair, but it
can come close.  It is translucent like real ivory, so surface prep and
cleanliness are important.  Labor is about 1/3 that required for
replacement.  The ads say there's enough material for 50 repairs.  I've
probably done twice that on a kit I bought 2 years ago, and I've barely
made a dent in the supplies.  I've been meaning to ask Richard Wagner about
shelf life/contamination;  I suppose at some point I'll have to throw out
what I've got and buy a new kit.

A tech in our chapter obtained his retiring dentist's light-cured acrylic
filling kit, which seems a little easier to use, but unless you fall into a
good deal it would be much pricier than the $40 for Acrylikey.

hope this helps

Mike