tuning hammer

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:31:55

Hi Michael,

A dummy pin is one that is used to form a coil for transferring to the pin
in the piano. They often are "split" at the bottom to allow the becket to
remain undisturbed during the move. There are some picture archives for the
list--but I don't know how to access them myself.

At 05:35 PM 10/6/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>One thing I would like to get to the bottom of in the correspondence lately
>is the use of a "dummy pin" What on earth is a "Dummy Pin"
>Michael G

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/