Individual aliquots on a Mason "&" Hamlin

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 10:52:40 -0700

Tuned duplex and bearing change aside, does anyone see any problem with
replacing those individual aliquot half rounds on the backside of the
bridge on a Mason Hamlin with a single continuous bar?

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

David,
If this is an experiment, No. If it's a clients piano, then, one of the
first items is keeping the cost(s) in line. If you do that, I suspect the
piano will sound like crap and you'll have to re-do things. Just my
thoughts. Once you take out the down bearing and the duplex factors, what is
left? I can't imagine why you would want to do this. Please expain.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I