Reading a Board geometry

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:50:21 -0400

At 9:15 PM -0400 10/4/03, Crashvalve@aol.com wrote:
>I tooled up a little sled with a dial gauge to ride the
>straightedge, but how to develop the total picture from the raw data
>?

Nowadays, laser units would feed a computer quite handily. So are you
talking two sets of track: x and y?

>By the way I thought surely a cool name like crashvalve would be
>already taken, but nobody was as odd as me.

Tell me, does a crashvalve prevent an emergency or create it?

>I enjoy this forum immensly, the information is post-graduate level
>and i'm learning. My weak point is communication (ask my tuning
>customers) but I am good at machining, and recommend learning same
>to any piano technician, if you want your dream tool you can just
>run it up.

You're very welcome here. You'll notice we have a healthy collection
of previous job specialties here on the list. I'm happy to have a
machinist with us. Not to worry about the "*" foot, I read it as an
"8".

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Come on, a priest and a rabbi?! I think I've heard this one before"
     ...........the Punjabi/Irish barkeep in "Keeping the Faith"