Reading a Board

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 04 Oct 2003 10:51:08 -0500

>That judgement call aside, it's still interesting that things should look
>so good from the top side. I know when a crown has reversed and bridges
>have rolled that such a board can give false positives  on downbearing.
>But I would expect that to be accompanied by badly negative front bearing.
>Which is not the case here.
>
>Bill Ballard RPT

But then you don't know what was installed when the board was replaced, nor
what was done with the bridge cap and plate height, so you have to judge
from what you can see, measure, and hear at the moment. It needs a board,
quite possibly bridges, and, plate height reestablished in the process.

Ron N