Choosing Strings and Hammers for a 1975 Yamaha C7

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:55:27 +0200

YEs ABel produce the cheapest method, and their work is good for older
instruments.
Nowadays, on a G5 it is better to use the C5 hammers assembly from
Yamaha in my opinion.

For low cost, the re felting is the way to go, but not as much power
than with new heads.

For new heads only, Yamaha sells them unbored, so it is not very
interesting.
Renner's hammer give a very good tone on those pianos with a very
little needling due (but a tad of felt shaping).

Good luck.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech