Choosing Strings and Hammers for a 1975 Yamaha C7

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:53:07 -0400

Amery,

I service a C7 with Sanderson Strings on it, and my jaw drops when I tune
it. It sounds at least a foot longer than it is..fabulous strings.

As for hammers: I personally would like to see you use Abel Premiums on
this, or Issacs. I have nothing against the other hammer makers..these are
my personal preferences. I have and will continue to work with Renners and I
like them, but they do take some time to get it right. If you're patient,
then the Blues might be the way to go.

You mileage will vary depending on your skill level and your patience.

my .002,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com