Hamburg distance spec.

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:59:13 +0200

I'll send you the specs later, gluing is 130 mm , what model ?

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy
94400 VITRY sur SEINE
FRANCE
tel : 033 01 47 18 06 98
fax : 033 01 47 18 06 90
cell: 06 60 42 58 77

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Bob Hull
  Envoye : mardi 29 juillet 2003 02:18
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Hamburg distance spec.

  Does the New York Steinway specification of 5 1/8 " from hammer flange
center pin to center of hammer molding apply to Hamburg as well?

  I am replacing hammers on a Hamburg D.  The old (or present set of
hammers) distance is 5 1/16 or a tiny bit more on all but one of the sample
hammers (ends of sections).  One is glued on at 5 1/8  (hammer #1)    They
probably use a mm. spec rather than inches.?

  Also, the new hammers I ordered from S&S specifically for the Hamburg sure
are a lot wider and they are hornbeam instead of mahagony like the old ones.
I will taper these to try to match weight.

  Your help is appreciated.

  Bob