The Right Tool for the Right Job Revisited

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:06:10 -0400

David..if I may:

> I take the tension down

..a quarter turn..if that.

>use a becket breaker to shear off
> the becket, and then back the pins out through the coil.  Cut
> the wire at the agraffes to remove the tenor and bass and
> slip the treble wire through the capo bar.
> It goes pretty quickly with not popping wire or stress on the
> wrists.

This is my method with one exception:

I like padding down the tail end of the case with 1.5" pipe insulation
along the top and moving blankets on the inside..and NOT let the tension
down on the bass strings...use the becket breaker with full tension on
the bass wire and watch them fly.

..it's fun!

Phil Bondi(FL)
phil@philbondi.com