That French Pianist

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:08:54 -0400

This is quite something. I've worked with this man when he came and thaught
and gave recitals in Orford Center for the Arts in 1984 (I think). He came
to my house and tried a Chickering 6'4"  that I had re-Whatevered. He had
never played a Chickering before and was quite impressed. If the piano had
not already been sold, I think he would had gone for it.

He was quite interesting person and even sent me one of his recording with
pictures his wife took of both of us around the Chickering.

Marcel Carey, Sherbrooke QC
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Carman Gentile
  Sent: 26 juillet, 2003 23:26
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: That French Pianist

    Here is a story from the BBC:

  Pianist 'goes out with a bang'
        Duchable is reportedly going to destroy two pianos
  French classical pianist Francois-René Duchable is to end his career in
style by destroying two pianos and burning his recital suit in his final
three concerts, it has been reported

    The details are at this BBC web page:

  Carman Gentile RPT
  Eureka, CA