M Bach

Scott Pickett scottpickett@nucleus.com
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:21:27 -0600

After 10 years of attempting to figure out whether there is anything =
intrinsically wrong with the statement "I don't know art, but I know =
what I like" and failing to do so, all I can say for certain is if ya =
likes Delius, then good on ya (just keep the volume down ; ) .....

Cheers!
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: RptBob1@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 4:06 PM
  Subject: Re: M Bach

  In a message dated 7/25/2003 4:44:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, =
kennyfin@jetstream.net writes:

    to bother you LIST:
     =20
    Bach was the first of the great composers. He was a culmination of =
generations of musicians. I'm listening.
     =20
    Delius is the last of the great composers. It never ceases to amaze =
me the distinct American idiom of Delius and Dvorak.=20

    Once you've been to Ireland, you're Irish!=20
     =20

  Ken:

  Are you making these statements with tongue firmly planted in cheek???

  Maybe I am missing something that was said earlier and you are making =
light of someone elses opinions.  All composers you mentioned were =
great, but were not certainly the "best" or the greatest.  Delius the =
last great composer?? Come on, get serious.

  Bob Bergantino, RPT
  Willoughby Hills, Ohio