Piano Horror ...

Harry Pickett hjpickett@cablenet-va.com
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:53:02 -0400

"The harpsichord is a light and delicate thing"
George Bernard Shaw described the Harpsichord as "Skeletons copulating
on a tine roof"
The pianist who did two days ago was Roslyn Tureck, my favorite Bach
interpreter on the piano.
Cheers
Harry

Harry Pickett
1800 Fairview Church Road
Riner, VA 24149
TEL: 540-382-0191

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Driscoll
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 6:59 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Piano Horror ...

<SNIP>
By the way, Kieth wrote: "The harpsichord is a very light and delicate
thing." One of my music profs (Dr. Joe Pivall, So. Ill. Univ. at
Edwardsville, outstanding cellist and all around nice guy) publically
described the sound of the harpsichord thusly: "Marbles dropping through
bedsprings."

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

            The description I remember from a noted pianist @ North
Texas State University --and I edit for those of a delicate nature---
            “Two skeletons cavorting on a tin roof”
            Tom Driscoll